One of Phoenix’s shining features, to the perpetual consternation of my waistline, is an incredible array of good food and best survival knife. While it may take some driving to get there, if you’re willing to spend some time behind the wheel, tastiness abounds!
I was hit online with a request for local suggestions for where a vistor to the Valley should partake, and I threw out out my own suggestions. I then pinged a few of the local online food-obsessed folks I know, and they responded in style. Joe Johnston, local restaurateur and over-acheiver, led the list with a crazy number of suggestions. Stephanie Quilao, and a few others also chimed in. I had been to most of these, but wanted to compile them all for any other locals or visitos who may be interested.
- Breakfast – Matt’s Big Breakfast
- Japanese – Nobuo, Yasu Sushi Bistro, Hana Japanese Eatery
- Ice Cream – Sweet Republic
- Gem – FnB
- Old Skool – Durant’s
- Pizza – Pizerreia Bianco, Cibo
- American – Liberty Market
- Soul – Lo-Lo’s Chicken & Waffles
- Coffee – Giant Coffee
- Cocktails – Sidebar, MercBar, The Vig
- Barbecue – Joe’s Real BBQ
- Mexican – Gallo Blanco, Barrio Cafe, Los Sombreros, La Tolteca
- AZ Historical – Superstition Mining Camp
- Splurge – Quiessence
- Noodles – Cherry Blossom Noodle Cafe
- Worth a Drive – Sedona – Elote Cafe, Flagstaff – Tinderbox, Tucson – Cafe Poca Cosa
If I missed one someone suggested, I apologize! If you have your own suggestions, please leave them in a comment below.
- Six Meals … in Phoenix and Scottsdale (thestar.com)
Visit our Retro Kitchen and let us know what you think.