On Twitter yesterday Ronji talked about a poll which asked which Super Power you would have. Most people at his work chose Invisibility, but I would personal take Flying. In fact, you would never get my butt back on the ground if I could fly. Easy choice.
So I wondered what Trivial Super Power you would have, like Never Having To Wait In Line or Always Having Correct Change.
Below are all the replies I received from Twitter and Facebook. Parking and laundry related powers seemed to be the most popular, but I really liked being able to detect Wi-Fi hotspots.
- emantion: Would “being able to sense Wi-Fi hotspots *and* if they are free or not” fit into your list? I would love that 🙂
- burpingdog: Trivial superpower I’d love … the ability to mute the real world… but with closed captioning
- KRGiron: Always Know What To Say, Having the right words for every situation
- alandd: Asked my lunch buddies: Being a Kept Man, Always Have $10 in My Pocket, Always Have Ironed Shirts
- HatshepsutGenie: Folding bedsheets without another set of hands? That would be a pretty handy superpower!
- tdhurst: being able to clean and iron clothes just by shaking them.
- billpearson: I’d like to need less sleep. I envy the people who can function with three or four hours a night of sleep.
- Kinchie: Is healing sickness a trivial superpower? That’s the one I would want, at least today since I’m feeling horrible but must go on.
- blogan: I’d like to be able to remember names flawlessly.
- jakressaty: never waiting in line.
- TDJensen: Dumb detector – being able to visually pick dumb people out of a crowd and avoid them…..I see dumb people.
- WhiskeyChick: I would want super-fast laundry folding skills. Or the ability to chart music by sound. How’s that for trivial?
- halfacat: i choose never having to wait in line as cash is going away. soon it will be known simply as visa.
- JacquiD: i would want “snapping my fingers for perfect hair/makeup/clothes” for my trivial superpower.
- austinmiles: i kind of like waiting in line, it gives me a break that i don’t normally get. So i think i am in favor of change.
- todd_logan: How about killing fail whale by snapping my fingers? Probably not trivial enough, but it could be a lucrative and *secure* job.
- Jerry_Makare: I always wanted to be raffle winner guy. That’d be pretty sweet I think.
- ScottGentzen: Convenient Parking
- mensan98th: My trivial superpower: Always get a good parking space. (Hey, I live in DC.)
- MelonCamp: Never running out of coffee cream!
- ronji: that wasn’t a choice, so i picked ability to fly. i’m hoping the people in or running the line will let me cut to the front =)
- crazeegeekchick: always being able to find lost objects
- Tony Johns: Fear my Nuclear Conversational Zingers
- Aaron Tersteeg: Never having a hangover
- Michele Gartner: Perfect red lipstick, even after eating an apple
- Sorina Popescu: Never having to iron
- Sarah Gregory: Remote Mute – I want to be able to silence someone *else’s* phone line on a conference call, not just my own.
- Sharon Greenfield: Owner of Cats Who Can Feed Themselves Instead of Clambering Onto Owner at 5am Mewling, Kneeding, and Sticking Cold Noses Into Ears.
If I missed any good ones, let me know.